Comedian, Writer, Lady Gaga fanatic. All accurate descriptors of Gus Constantellis. As a headlining comedian for the famed Broadway Comedy Club, Gus faces a unique dilemma in life.
He’s too funny. It’s becoming a problem for him in every aspect of his life. In fact, someone recently told me that they had to get rib surgery* because of Gus’ jokes.
That’s when we knew we had to recruit him to our Style Crew program. We thought, “If a short dude is funny enough to cause someone to get a “broken rib from laughing” diagnosis,” then he’s someone we need to get to know.
We recently caught up with the master rib-breaker himself to talk work, influences, and inspiration. Enjoy.
01. How would you describe what you do?
I’m a stand-up comedian/TV writer.
02. What’s your favorite joke/show you’ve written/done?
My favorite show I’ve ever done was headlining Broadway Comedy Club last October. My favorite jokes are the ones about my mom because they always connect with the audience the most.
03. Who would be your dream collaboration?
Dream collaboration would be Lady Gaga. I don’t know why we would ever collaborate but it would be an absolute dream to work with her on something.
04. Who is your biggest style inspiration?
Christine and the Queens – a French pop singer. She keeps it classic and simple. She dresses gender neutral and she has a really cool look that’s sleek at the same time.
05. How do you relax?
Watching reality competition shows. Favorite is RuPaul’s Drag Race.
06. What’s your #1 piece of fashion advice?
Wear clothes that fit well and you’ll instantly elevate your look.
07. What’s an underrated wardrobe piece that you love to wear?
08. What wardrobe piece in your collection was worth the splurge?
A perfectly fitted navy blazer.
09. What’s your favorite color to style?
10. What’s your favorite occasion to dress up for?
11. What’s a fashion mistake every man makes?
They wear terrible shoes or socks to go with a great outfit.
12. What’s a funny style story you have?
One time, I bent down and accidentally ripped my chinos. It was so embarrassing because it was at the beginning of a long day and I had no choice but to roam around with ripped chinos until I got home.
*You don’t think he really broke someone’s ribs, right?!